What is ‘Think Tank’:
Lot of young boys and girls are in our Bank throughout the country whose talents are very vital for the growth of the Bank and development of the Organisation. These youth love to work for the Orgnisation. As such, a platform is provided to them called “CBOA THINK TANK” under which they can pool their talent and work for the Organisation.
Who is “Think Tank “ :
“The young generation in the bank who believe that the future is bright and by assuming the role of CHANGE AGENTS to synchronize the Bank and Trade Union with fast metamorphosing financial world, they could usher the country to become superpower”
Why “CBOA Think Tank”:
- Our bank today has got around 11000 officers out of about 21500 officers and about 6000 employees joined with higher educational qualifications and highest hopes.
- About 4600 officers are retiring in another three years who will be displaced from the new recruits from now on or from the clerks recruited after 2009 who will be again replaced by the new generation.
- It is apparent that in another three years the young officers number recruited after 2009 will rise to a minimum of 15000 I.e., 2/3rd of the total strength.
- This force is only going to lead the bank and the trade union.
- As a progressive and democratic Organisation, Canara bank officers’ Association believes that the future leaders are going to emerge from this lot only to steer both the industry and the trade union movement.
- As an officers movement, possessing the rich policies of leading the trade union by the serving officers and develop quality officers to lead the bank, CBOA believes that it is the responsibility of a reputed trade union to develop a strong second line.
- As these future leaders of both industry and trade union are experiencing a shortage of exposure, we are attempting to hasten the process by organising them.
Objectives of “Think Tank” :
DEMONSTRATE i.e. DEMONSTRATE THE YOUTH
DIGITALISE i.e. DIGITALISE THE BANK
DEVELOP i.e. DEVELOP THE CBOA
DISPLAY i.e. DISPLAY THE RESULT.
HOW TO ACHIEVE THE OBJECTIVES OF “THINK TANK”?
All the youths are congregating under the banner of “CBOA THINK TANKCONCLAVE”
ORGANISING OF THINK TANK YOUTH CONCLAVES:
In order to achieve the objectives, the ‘Think Tank Youth Conclaves’ were conducted at the following centers with the prime idea of training, moulding & motivating the young men & women officers in all trade union activities.
|Sl.No.||Place of Conclave||Held Date From||Held Date To|
Regions participated State wise details
|No Of Think Tankers Participants.|
|1||Chennai||07-Feb-2015||08-Feb-2015||AP, Telangana, Goa, TN, Kerala &|
|UP, Jharkhand & Bihar|
|3||Kolkata||21-Feb-2015||22-Feb-2015||Chattisgarh, Orissa, WB, Assam,|
Tripura, Manipur, Nagaland
|4||Ahmedabad||28-Feb-2015||01-Mar-2015||Maharastra, MP, Rajasthan & Gujarat|
|5||Gurgaon||07-Mar-2015||08-Mar-2015||Haryana, UP, HP, J&K, Chandigarh,|
Each Circle was represented by 5 Think tankers below the age group of 40. A total of 500 Think Tankers attended the conclaves across the length and breadth of the country. These 500 youth are going to work as ambassadors of CBOA and spread the message of CBOA.
Each conclave was bubbling with enthusiasm and creativity. The energy levels of our youth are incomparable.
Five important topics were given for deliberations at all five places.
Totally, the innovative idea of our CBOA was total success and purposeful